Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5: Project Reflection and Working EQ

Content:   
The Pentagon: 
(1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happened as a result of what you have completed so far?

After completing some research, a summer mentorship, and an interview about my topic, one of the positive happenings that occurred was the fact that I was able to get an idea of what my Essential Question will be.

(2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic?

My first interview with Robert Cruz has helped me improve my understanding of my topic by providing me some insight about skills needed in the development field. The interview also assisted me in terms of understanding how software problems lend to problem-solving skills and knowledge on the situation.

(3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?

 At this time, the research amount and interview has worked very well for me regarding the senior project. It has been very helpful in providing information as well as the extra interview questions.

(4) What hasn't worked so far?
  
 Finding a mentor has not been very simple in terms of software development. This can also be contributed to the fact that I have not been very assertive and progressive in my search. Another minor problem would be the relevance of research as software development branches off into more specific jobs.

(5) Finding Value:  
  •  What is a potential question you would like to study this year?  (working EQ)
  •  What do you plan to do for mentorship?  If you haven't found a mentor yet, then discuss where you are currently looking and who you are talking to to find it. 
 Potential question: What is the most important step in the development process when developing application software?

For my mentorship, I plan on either going to a local software company and follow them in the work place while learning and assisting them, or by asking a computer science professor in a university to be my mentor. From the local software company, I have not found an ideal company to contact for a mentorship. I do have potential people to contact from the Cal Poly Pomona Computer Science and IT branch, such as Cathy Bates or Patricio Beltran.

No comments:

Post a Comment