Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:
LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog

Done

·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place

Cathy Bates, Cal Poly Pomona Student Affairs Information & Technology Services

    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

The most important thing that I have gained from the experience of being mentored at Cal Poly SAITS is that I was able to get a first-hand look at how the branch works to help solve technical problems among Student Affairs. This is important to me as the idea of programming is simplifying in solving problems and what it takes to streamline the solution for others to use. All of this comes from where the 

   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.

What I have done at Cal Poly SAITS has helped me answer my EQ by looking at what technicalities fall into programming languages and how they differ from one another. When I studied about XML and its use for the preparation of creating an API (application programming interface), I found that it was very similar to HTML5 and what makes it useful, which helped me in looking at the languages from a different perspective. It has also helped me in conducting interviews to help answer my EQ.

*Please do not turn in your mentorship hours to the office.  After we collect the total list from all seniors, we will turn in one piece of paper with all hours for everybody.  It is counted as 50 hours of the 200 you need in order to graduate from I-Poly.  The 10 hours in the summer have already been added to your community service total.

No comments:

Post a Comment