Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

Content:

1. List your topic here: Software Development

2. What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs? Be specific and use an example. Examples can come from senior project, model assembly, core, and/or participation in senior class ASB or other organizations on campus (clubs etc).
  • iPoly Citizen
  • Effective Learner
  • Effective User of Technology
  • Effective Communicator
In order for me to grow in being an iPoly Citizen, I plan to use my commitment to the blogging committee, my house (West), and the whole senior class to provide and accommodate for whatever is required of me. For example, I would help anyone who is asking for assistance from me in any of the core classes, senior project, or other tasks. Keeping a positive attitude would help me grow since my mood affects everyone surrounding me.

To grow in being an Effective Learner, I plan to use my mentor ship as a great learning experience. Learning from my mentor helps me realize what information is truly important and what to expect in the current career field. I also hope to show growth in my study habits, keeping up and excelling past what is required in core, model assembly, and senior project.

For me to grow in being an Effective Communicator, I plan to express my thoughts and ideas to my fellow peers during model assembly. I also plan to work around my hesitation to speak and talk to whoever I need to, whether it be my fellow students, my mentor, or a person who I need to interview for senior project.

I plan to be an Effective User of Technology in all my blog posts and senior project, especially with my topic of software development. I plan to be able to understand and use the online resources throughout the year with my research with special databases and online help. With my topic, I hope to be able to apply my knowledge that I hope to learn in class and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment