Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blog 2: Summer Mentorship Component

Literal:
1. (Know) Using google doc (drive) link a log of specific hours and a description of your duties.

MENTORSHIP LOG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsvR4DkQ-VsAdDh6bnV6d3MxQTlNd0s5aE1iblV5UWc&usp=sharing

2. What is the contact name & number of where you volunteered?

Jesus Quizon

(562)569-3236

3.  (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them.

  • What other programs do you need to be proficient in to qualify for a job as a software developer?
  • Do software developers learn and master a specific task (such as coding) or do they have to be proficient in all areas?
  • What other skills do you need to be a software developer?

Interpretive:

4. What is the most important thing that you have gained from this experience? Why?

One of the most important things that I have gained from this experience is understanding what a day-to-day basis is like in the workplace. Although I was working with my mentor at his place, the basic understanding of what to expect in the actual workplace is emulated since most of the day is made up of working and concentrating on tasks on your computer. 

5. How did what you did help you choose a topic? Please explain.

My mentorship has helped me choose a topic for my senior project as I enjoy working on the computer. Also, software development is a career that I hope to pursue since creating programs for other people to use is a fun prospect. Working with a developer assisted in my vision of what to truly expect and set my mind for when working on a project such as this.



No comments:

Post a Comment